Sunday, August 2, 2009

So you think you can Stage?

Staging is de-personalizing and preparing a house for the unknown buyer. Staging requires an objective and professional assessment of a house’s strengths and challenge areas, as well as providing solutions to help buyers fall in love with what they see. That is why it is KEY to hire someone who is specifically trained to prepare a house for sale. ANYONE can say they are a Home Stager. I strongly recommend you check credentials. The Accredited Staging Professional Designation™ (ASP) is the ONLY nationally recognized professional designation for home staging.

We recently Staged and sold our home in 6 DAYS. While packing, I found pictures of our home I took several years ago (before I took the Staging training). I now look at some of these pictures and wonder what I was thinking. We also remodeled a few rooms - this is not considered staging.

Living in a home and marketing a house are different! We do not live in a Staged house. It required us to put forth some effort. De-clutter, move furniture, all the tasks that I instruct clients to do. After I took the training and certification, I slowly started making changes. There were still a lot of changes we had to make when we decided to sell our house.

Email or call me at 309-657-1038 if you have any questions. Staging can work for you too!




No comments: